- Ordering Information for Current Students
- Ordering Information for Alumni / Former Students
- Check Order Status (If Ordered Online)
- Transcript Ordering Information BY MAIL
- Transcript Ordering Information IN PERSON
- Authorizing Another Individual to Pick Up Your Transcript
Ordering Information for Current Students
You may order your transcript from your MyCSU account.
Click on the Request Official Transcript link under the Academic Services Link box on the bottom right side of the Student Center.
Your MyCSU transcript request is securely linked to the TranscriptsPlus System hosted by Credentials, Inc. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor Columbus State University contracts with to provide transcripts through an encrypted and secure service.
You can order a transcript anytime and from virtually anywhere. You may order transcripts online 24/7 by clicking on the "Request Official Transcript" link on the bottom right side of your Student Center. Orders being mailed will need to be paid with a credit card online; however, if you are picking up the transcript, then you have the option to pay in person with cash, check or credit card at the time of pick up. (Available after noon the next business day)
If you need your transcript quickly it is highly recommended that you choose the PDF delivery option, as it can take up to 10 business days from the day your order is completed for you to receive a transcript sent via 1st class mail. However, please be aware that when sending a PDF transcript to yourself, it cannot then be forwarded to a different email address. Forwarding a PDF transcript makes it unofficial. If your transcript is going to a third party, you should have it sent directly to their email address, this ensures that the transcript will still be considered an official University document.
Key features of this service include:
- You may check your order status for online orders: Transcript Order Status. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
- 24/7 access. The student can enter the request around the clock from the comfort of his/her own PC from anywhere in the world.
- You specify. (The student) You can choose to exclude the date of birth, Social Security number or both on the transcript. You (will) can choose (from) one of (those) these options or you may choose to let both appear on your transcript.
- Faster service. The transcript will be mailed within three business days of making the request. (As opposed to up to 5 business days.)
- PDF Transcripts. Columbus State University is now offering official PDF transcripts. Students/alumni can send PDF transcripts to any valid email address (another college or university, third-party recipient, or themselves).
- Easy address look-up. A pull down menu will provide the addresses of many schools.
- Exact addressing. The student puts the address in exactly as he/she wants it to appear. No risk of typographical errors or inability to read a hand-written address.
- Release Form online. The student types the required information into the online order form instead of printing out a form and completing it by hand. If the requestor does not have an active MyCSU account, then they can print off and sign the authorization form provided by Credentials, Inc.
- Easy checking. The student can look on-line 24/7 to make sure the transcript has been printed. If FedEx overnight delivery service was used, then the student may view the tracking number. If there is a problem in processing, then the student will receive an e-mail notification and can view what the problem is immediately instead of waiting for mailed notification.
- Exact pricing. The student is told immediately what the total cost will be and can pay by debit or credit card. The student does not have to worry about delays due to paying the wrong amount.
- Communication channel. An e-mail is sent to the student each time there is a status change in the transcript order. From receipt of the order to notice when the transaction is completed, the student is automatically notified each step of the way. This becomes especially important if there are any problems with the order, such as holds or encumbrances.
Ordering Information for Alumni / Former Students
Current students, former students and alumni can request a transcript online anytime and from virtually anywhere using the TranscriptsPlus System (Credentials System). Payment must be made by debit or credit card unless student pays by cash or check in person. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor which Columbus State University contracts with to provide transcripts through an encrypted and secure service. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
If you need your transcript quickly it is highly recommended that you choose the PDF option, as it can take up to 10 business days from the day your order is completed for you to receive a transcript sent via 1st class mail. However, please be aware that when sending a PDF transcript to yourself, it cannot then be forwarded to a different email address. Forwarding a PDF transcript makes it unofficial. If your transcript is going to a third party, you should have it sent directly to their email address, this ensures that the transcript will still be considered an official University document.
- Credit card name must match your name on University records.
- Two of the following - Social Security number, date of birth and Student ID - must match the values in University records.
- There are no attachments to be included with your transcript.
If your order is not eligible for "Automatic Authorization," then a form will be sent to the email address you supplied during the order process. Print, sign and mail or fax this form to the University Registrar as shown on the form. Your order will be processed upon receipt of this form, unless you have requested it be held for degree or grade posting.
Check Transcript Order Status
Use this link to check the status of your transcript request or contact Credentials Inc. Customer Service at 1-847-716-3005
Transcript Ordering Information BY MAIL
•Effective June 1, 2016, we no longer accept mail-in transcript requests from current students/former students/alumni. For your convenience, you can order transcripts online. See Ordering Information For Alumni/Former Students for ordering instructions.
Transcript Ordering Information IN PERSON
If paying by debit or credit card, in the Enrollment Services Center, we have several computers you can use to place an order through Credential Solutions for mailing, electronic delivery, or pickup.
However, if you must pay by check or cash, please stop by the Enrollment Services Center to place your order. Additional processing fees will apply to in-person orders.
Authorizing Another Individual to Pick Up Your Transcript
For students having another individual pick up a transcript for them:
- Please place your order through Credentials Solutions, specifying the name of the person approved to pick up your transcript.
- Please download and print the Document Pickup Authorization Form (PDF)
- Complete and sign the form.
- Attach a copy of your photo identification. (Columbus State University ID, driver license or, other government issued valid picture ID)
- Give the signed form to your authorized representative to bring with them when they come to pick up your official transcript.
- The person picking up your official transcript will also be asked to show photo identification.
Transcripts ordered through Credentials Solutions to be picked up will be shredded if they have not been picked up after one year. After a year, the previous transcript request will be invalidated, and students must place a new order and pay the $10/transcript fee.